10.12.2009

Weekend recap ph test 683:

At some point the experiment took on a life of its own. It was probably when After 12 hours on five hits and four Hours of sleep, a bowl of ramen noodles a vitamin water energy and a blunt, I opted for another two hits Saturday afternoon. i lose three and a half hours, and By the end of fist of the north star I opt for another two hits. I'm feeling antsy and i need to get out. so i hitch a ride to the quarter with my buddy bob Ross to watch him play. rock steady beats tickle my fancy for a while, but When the walls became too much it was out to Frenchmen for 13's and jazz. i pass by the spotted cat, and for a moment I'm in the 18oo's again and this is storyville. after that a gutter punk band playing on the street draws me in. i go back to the den to bee if Bob's playing, but the noise is still to much. so i follow the neon rainbows into the quarter, and then to the river for a moment of zen. Too perfect for words.

I meander back to the dragons den in time to hear bobs last song, then head home to let duke Ellington bring me down from my trip. I pass out in my office. Four hours later I wake up still feeling strange. Prospek and juskwame are in the studio. I pass through and say hi, then go up to bed. An hour later I admit I can't sleep and head back down to the studio. They wanna eat mushrooms. Fuck it.

the rest of the day is a haze of hip hop and blunt smoke. I'm supposed to go to truth's video shoot, but I'm tired and my tire needs air, and i opt to finish up my trip e.p. instead. I'm supposed to go get tattooed, but i don't think i can drive and mike V doesn't call me back. i need to pass out anyway. i can barley process all Ive thought and seen over the last three days.

its like trying to remember a dream. when i think back all i can see is the red glow of the dragons den, faces changing and blending together as i run around the stage. swan's orange walls and massive paintings, pit bulls staring at me and eating mangoes. the neon glow of the quarter, the Mississippi river lapping up onto the banks. rainy afternoons and me still not being able to take the orange sheets off my bed.

quotes:
"if it wasn't for duke Ellington there would be no mp3s"- Shamus mcmanus at swan's
"I'm buying me some candy. i only got eight teeth left"- woman at gas station
"i just want to say that Ive been looking for these mangoes for a long time, and it feels really good to finally find them and i hope each and everyone of you find what your looking for.."- elespee during the show
"you should fuck this guy cause his dick hangs down to his his knees. well it does right? your black..." Caligula at swan' s in reference to elespee
"I'm putting you in charge of my yo yo..." elespee to tony skratchere at the dragons den

No comments:

Post a Comment