10.02.2009

I'm still in shock. Is nothing sacred? If it be honest with myself, DP's really crossed over the moment they won that grammy. We are all victims of our own success. But damn, a tide commercial? Cool like that, in a fuggin tide commercial? That's some ol bullshit.

I've been driven to drink, and have barricaded myself in my favorite downtown watering hole, behind a stiff grand meaux on ice and byrds horn. Bits of convo wash over me. The guys on my right are soundmen talking shop, on my left, a guy is trying to get laid. And the world goes round. I'm a bit numb to it all. I'm haunted by the tide logo.

1 comment:

  1. i've done dope songs, some i listen to time and time again, after a while they all became song i hated. As popular as this song was, it may have had a similar effect on DP. Beside they probably needed that cheese! The question is, who owns the publishing???? I feel your pain though bra..............

    ReplyDelete