11.08.2009

Haunted by ghost of relationship past, yesterday I called up an ex. I mean, a friend. Kind of an ex. Its complicated, but I'm sure you can imagine the nature of the conversation. How was I, what went wrong, what should I do now? A bunch of whiny shit like that. Of course her response was that maybe I need to leave new Orleans. Seems to be a common sentiment that I can't understand. But that was her happiness, not mine. Is there even any other place to live? I'd never leave uptown if I could help it. She also questioned the psychological effects of three months of tripping, which I'd never really stopped to consider. And that was before I told her I spent the morning running around mid city trying to buy sneakers on shrooms. Am I becoming unhinged? I don't think so. I feel more well adjusted now then ever. But the more you walk in light, the harder it is to tolerate shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment