8.31.2009

Satcmo is smiling at me. Welcome to new orleans. Welcome to heartache. Only I never really left. Seems cruel.

She's gone again, and these goodbyes are killing me. This time it was otis all the way there. These arms of mine, been loving you too long. That sir is a fact. Now I sit on the back of my white horse cadillac, dripping with emotion. It was like a weekend long trip, literally and metaphysically. Walks in the rain and duke ellington, coltrane and shared slumber.

Each time she returns she a little more real to me. The girl of my reoccuring dreams it seems. But as I said before, these goodbyes are killing me. I've gone and advised her to go to cuba, because I could not have done anything else and not been self serving. It broke my heart to say go, but how can you deny loves fufullment and still call it love? And so....

The sky cried a little on the way back; and I did too. Cheesy but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment