8.19.2009

in the begining...

who am i and why should you care what i have to say about stuff?

there's no easy answer to that.

as for who i am, the short version is pretty simple:
I'm a musician who masquerades as a head shop manager by day, a sound man some nights and weekends, and a writer in my dreams. of course, that's making a really long story really short.

as for why you should read this, i haven't the faintest idea. i could spin off a few lines on shared experiences and opinions and so on and so forth, but in all honesty that's mostly bullshit. people write blogs because of ego; because they think their experiences are more valuable than others. and I'm no different. or maybe i am. i guess in time well see. maybe I'm wrong about it all.

and so i these virtual pages you will find all manner of random thoughts and musings, some pertenant to you and what your going though, most not. for example:

What kind of people come to head shops at ten in the morning? Still haven’t figured that one out yet. If you are one of those people, please clue me in: why don’t you have anything better to do? Work, school, sleep; there’s tone of other options besides wake up and go try to talk to the head shop guy and pick up a new piece. I guarantee that head shop guy is probably hung over from a mos def concert the night before, or sat up all night watching screen adaptations of Tennessee Williams plays., and he doesn’t really feel like talking to anybody in his first 15 to 30 minutes at work. But then again I’m probably being selfish. I just asked a customer, in the nicest way possible of course, what brought her to a head shop at ten thirty in the morning.

“well, I have a son, and I cant really come in here with him, so his daddy just got off work and he with him now…..plus I’m such a morning person, ill go to bed at ten….”

I guess kids are a pretty good reason. I guess.

so yeah. good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment